Christmas is only a couple of days away! I mentioned that I would have a second part of my newsletter, however time has just gotten away from me. Before we head off to our holiday destinations I thought I would share two last minute Christmas packaging ideas:
This is a really cool project! Kids and adults will both be fascinated! You put your gift card in one side, close the wallet open the other side and the gift card switches sides. Its magic!
Here are step by step instructions:
Cut 2 pieces of heavy cardboard or chipboard to 2-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ (round corners with corner rounder punch)
Cut 4-1/2 x 12″ piece of your favorite double sided designer paper. Cut to fit your chipboard pieces (you’ll need 4 pieces to cover the fronts and insides. You can use side one and side two for fronts and inside)
16″ of 5/8″ Very Vanilla Grosgrain ribbon, cut into 4″ pieces
1/2″ x 9″ strip of coordinating card stock for belly band
Paper scraps for oval sentiment.
• Using the patterned paper you have selected for the inside, cover two of the chipboard pieces.
• Place the ribbon on one side, in an “X” formation. (See photo below for placement). I used post it notes to hold these ribbon pieces in place until front cover is completed.
• Do the same thing on the other inside chipboard piece, but place your ribbon as two horizontal bars.
IMPORTANT – The ends of the “X” ribbon must fit INSIDE the horizontal bars, DO NOT overlap the ribbon ends. (See photo below for placement).
• Turn your magic wallet over exposing the front. Wrap the ends of the ribbon as shown in the photo below, making sure that the ends of the “X” go inside the two horizontal ribbons. Tape the ends of the ribbon around the chipboard.
• Glue the front pieces of patterned paper over the taped ribbon ends forming the outside cover of your wallet.
• Wrap the 1/2″ x 9″ of card stock strip around the wallet, overlap and glue together. This assures the gift card will not slide out the side.
• Stamp sentiment in coordinating ink on Whisper White card stock, punch out using Scallop Oval punch, and adhere to the belly band. Accessorize as desired.
Here it is in action:
The card starts on the left side…
Christmas Cocoa Gift Bag
Here is a quick and easy gift bag to give out hot cocoa, instant coffee or even a gift card!
Brown lunch bag
Soft Suede Card stock
Very Vanilla Card stock
Soft Suede Classic Stampin’ Pad
Snow Swirled (or Serene Snowflakes)
Word Window Punch
Soft Suede Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon
Anywhere Glue Stick
Hot Chocolate Packet – Single Serving
Cut top off of lunch bag to 8-1/2″ and fold in half to create card with an opening for the hot chocolate packet.
Stamp snowflakes onto the front of the lunch bag using Soft Suede ink
Cut Very Vanilla card stock 2-1/4 x 4″
Cut Soft Suede card stock 2-1/2 x 4-1/4″
Stamp snowflakes using Soft Suede ink onto Very Vanilla card stock.
Sponge stamped image as illustrated and adhere to Soft Suede card stock.
Cut 15″ Soft Suede Polka Dot Ribbon and adhere ribbon around front and back of “card.”
Adhere stamped image to front of “card” as illustrated.
Stamp sentiment in Soft Suede onto Very Vanilla card stock and punch out using Word Window Punch. Punch out Modern Label from Soft Suede and adhere sentiment.
Cut Very Vanilla card stock to 2-1/2 x 1-3/4″
Cut Soft Suede card stock to 2-3/4 x 2″
Stamp snowflakes on inside of card using Soft Suede
Stamp sentiment onto Very Vanilla card stock and adhere to Soft Suede card stock, adhere to inside of “card”
Insert hot chocolate packet into “card” side opening and tie ribbon.
I’ve enjoyed receiving your emails, comments, questions your suggestions and see photographs of your pr
ojects! Please keep them coming!
Enjoy a wonderful holiday with your family and friends! All the best for a healthy and happy 2010!