I wanted to share a super cute project I made for Valentine’s Day. The great thing about this "flower pot" is that it is so versatile, perfect for party favors and gift giving (especially good for giving your child’s teacher a little something.) You can switch it out for various holidays and occasions by changing the stamps you use, the colors of the paper and the goodies you fill it with from Hershey kisses to mini cookies the possibilities are endless.
The "flower pot" was recently featured in the February 1- March 17 Sale-A-Bration catalog. Print and cut out the attached "take out" box pattern.
Supplies I used:
pretty in pink
Forever in My Heart – I used the heart with the dotted border on the other 3 folded sides
Simply Said – the heart with the flowers inside for the focal side of box
Sprinkles -hearts – stamped background hearts on all 4 sides of box (not on flaps)
1-3/8 circle punch
1-1/4 circle punch
Scallop Circle punch
1/16" handheld punch
3/16" corner rounder punch
Pretty in Pink 1/4" grosgrain ribbon
small cello bags
1. Trace template on Rose Red card stock and cut out. Score sides as indicated on template. Scallop edges of flaps using the corner rounder punch. Punch two holes in each flap using the 1/16" circle punch.
2. Stamp your background stamp (sprinkles) in rose red on the unassembled box, so that the image will show on the outside of the box once it is assembled.
3. Assemble box, folding flaps outward instead of inward. Tie the linen thread through holes in each corner of box.
4. Stamp focal image (Simply Said) on whisper white cards stock. Cut out heart.
5. Punch out scallop shape using pretty in pink cs. Punch out 1-3/8" circle with whisper white cs. Punch out 1-1/4" circle with rose red cs.
6. Layer circles over scallop adhere with SNAIL adhesive. Fasten focal image to layered pieces and attach to box.
7. Fill treat bag with goodies. Tie bag together with ribbon.